A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Went to a "pick your own" blueberry farm today

It was fun. We went for the berries but mostly we went to look at how they set up their bushes. The woman we spoke with told us they are 100% certified organic, which I don't really care about, but it was interesting that she admitted they had a problem with fire ants and that none of the supposed organic remedies for those critters actually took care of the problem.

We have a few changes to make in our blueberry setup.

Right now I'm eating an omelet made from eggs from our chickens and when I finish I've got a big bowl of fresh blueberries for dessert. Some time this week we are going to make a bunch of jelly.

3 comments:

Paladin said...

My folks have been to a place in Edom to pick before. I'd like to go sometime, but never seem to think about it when there's berries to pick.

Good Eats at "The Shed" in Edom, if you ever go, though :)

Jeannetta said...

My husband is the controller/accountant for a blueberry farm here, so we went to pick FREE blueberries today. We had been planning to plant some, but got to wondering if it would be worth it since the company already does. I have to factor in the "what if we can't get TO the farm", but gosh it was nice to get 2 5 gal buckets for no labor whatsoever. :D

Bitmap said...

Paladin, we went to one in Edom. We passed at least one other one near Edom. I'll have to check out The Shed when I'm down there again.

Jeannetta, getting to the food supply is always a question. Growing a few at home seems like a good idea.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter