A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Friday, July 24, 2009

So I enjoy Burt Prelutsky, too

From this article:
If I were running things, most high school grads would enter trade schools. America will always need nurses, plumbers, carpenters, glaziers and mechanics. What nobody needs is some 21-year-old schnook who’s wasted four years and most of his inheritance majoring in black, Hispanic or lesbian studies.
I am tired of hearing young people whine "I earned my bachelor's degree in English Literature and now I can't find a job." I guess these days it might be "Black Moslem Homosexual Literature instead.

All I can say to those people is "What did you expect?" The only purpose for a bachelor's in English Lit is groundwork for people planning on doing more advanced study. Nothing against those degrees if you have an interest in the subject but don't expect it to get you a high paying job.

The article is worth the few minutes it will take you to read it.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter