A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Thursday, July 23, 2009

So the President says that the police acted stupidly

Wow. This guy just knows everything, doesn't he.

Here is a quote from the President:
"I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry," Obama said. "Number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. And number three -- what I think we know separate and apart from this incident -- is that there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that's just a fact."
Here is the police report. From reading that it sounds like Mr. Gates has a serious chip on his shoulder, which is what I would expect from a black man that is a friend of Barack Hussein Obama. When you have friends like "Reverend" Wright it makes you look bad and people tend to remember that.

Seems to me if you just had to break into your own house and a police officer approaches and asks what you are doing you ought to try being civil towards him. After you've established that you are the owner you might even thank him for checking things out. You could offer him a soda or a glass of water or even invite him to come over for a beer after his shift is over. You might even find out which neighbor called the police and thank them, too.

I would do all of those things.

A big difference between me and Mr. Gates is that I don't have a big chip on my shoulder. He seems to be the kind of guy that looks for racism in everything that happens, and usually finds it. Some people think that every time someone is rude to them, or cuts them off in traffic, or gives them poor service in a restaurant that the other person is a racist.

There is a black woman in her 30s that works at the same company I do and she looks for racism everywhere. There was an older man that worked here (now retired) and that guy was just a jerk. He was an obnoxious old man and nobody liked him. When that black woman first crossed paths with him she said "I thought he was a racist, but I heard so many stories about him I guess he just doesn't like anyone." Well, she finally figured out the truth. It's a shame that people will reflexively assume racism just because someone is rude. I wonder if Mr. Gates will ever realize that truth.

To sum this up: You may be black and someone may really not like you, but that doesn't mean they hate black people in general or wish them ill. It doesn't mean that they hate you, either. They may just not like you and not want to be around you. Get over it.

Oh, and Mr. President, I don't think the police acted stupidly. I think your friend acted stupidly. I think he should be the one to apologize.

ETA that when the economy is crumbling and Iran and NK have or are about to have nuclear weapons that I think the President could spend his time in better ways than sticking up for his obnoxious and racist friend.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter