A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Friday, August 28, 2009

What qualifies as a "cybersecurity emergency"?

Oh, you just thought things were as bad as they could get. Check this out.

There is a new version of a bill out to give the White House the power to shut off private access to the internet.

From the article:
The new version would allow the president to "declare a cybersecurity emergency" relating to "non-governmental" computer networks and do what's necessary to respond to the threat. Other sections of the proposal include a federal certification program for "cybersecurity professionals," and a requirement that certain computer systems and networks in the private sector be managed by people who have been awarded that license.
A "cybersecurity professional"!!!? Is that like saying "I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carry this Glock .40"?

I've got a better idea. How about we require all congressmen to have a babysitter that is a certified "legislative professional" to keep them from trying to spread their toxic stupidity throughout the nation.

The only good thing about this monstrous obomination is that the draft, at 55 pages, is considerably shorter than the socialized medicine bill. When someone plans to screw me over I prefer that they get right to the point and not dance around the fact that they are fixing to screw me.

I guess these days we have to expect the government to always be on the lookout for new ways to expand it's power.

Any bets as to when blogs will become a "cybersecurity emergency"?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter