Remember the story in Logan's Run? Anyone over 21 or 30 (depending on whether you are reading the book or watching the movie) has to submit to being killed to preserve resources for younger people. There is a type of special agent called a "Sandman" whose job is to hunt down and kill anyone that doesn't want to submit.
My question is: Who is going to be the Sandman?
Maybe the government could use the Bloods and the Crips. They wouldn't be called "Sandmen". Instead they could be known as "Euthanasia Coordinators" to convince old people to kill themselves so the rest of us wouldn't have to waste precious resources on them.
I can see the LWM headlines now: "100,000 more old people decided to take their own lives last month to save their children from higher taxes for healthcare after speaking with "Euthanasia Coordinators. Interestingly, all of them shot themselves in the back of the head with handguns. In some cases they shot themselves several times."
Maybe instead of the Bloods and Crips the government could hire MS13 to take care of things. In that case instead of old people shooting themselves in the back of the head they could chop themselves up with machetes.
After that, to save costs 9-1-1 could start asking about victims ages before deciding the priority of sending the police, fire department, or EMS.
The conversations could go something like this:
Operator: 9-1-1 Emergency
Caller: A man has fallen down. His face is white and he's holding his chest.
Operator: How old is he?
Caller: What!!? He needs an ambulance!! I think he's having a heart attack.
Operator: I need his approximate age.
Caller: Maybe 65.
Operator: Ok. We'll have someone there within the next 4 hours. Try to keep him calm.
Maybe we could all have RFID tags implanted in our bodies so that EMTs could scan everyone at the scene of an accident or disaster and put anyone past a certain age at the back of the triage line. For that matter every newborn could be implanted with a chip that would record the cost of every medical service that person used during their life. Healthcare providers would read that data before providing any service. When you reach some limit service providers would no longer provide treatment.
This could work out great. Preferred groups like ACORN and union members would have higher limits than normal peons. Of course government officials and their families would not have a limit.
The future's so bright I've gotta wear shades.
A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency
- ► 2010 (204)
- Lockerbie bomber released as part of oil deal
- Quote of the Day ****Now with Pics****
- Pic of the Day
- What qualifies as a "cybersecurity emergency"?
- Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse - ...
- 1000 banks to fail in the next two years - finally...
- Home of the Firehat
- The Average I.Q. in the senate is up today
- New Law in TX - What is going on!?
- Ban All Pseudoephedrine NOW!! It's for, uh, I hav...
- Dems plan pro-socialized medicine rallies
- Yes We Can Increase the Debt Even More
- A great ad in the paper
- Save Glenn Beck
- Great Video
- A little fun at the range
- Want to help someone find housing?
- Mexico decriminalizes small amounts of cocain, her...
- Socialized medicine again
- Oh please!! Another "right-wing conspiracy"!!
- I'm listening to a guy try to find out about the r...
- Quote of the Day
- Is this payback for opposing "The Chosen One"?
- Firms with ties to the President profit from push ...
- Socialized Medicine Quote of the Day
- Rule of Government
- The Next Big Bailout: Social Security?
- So auto dealers are having trouble getting their m...
- Consumer Confidence Falls "unexpectedly" in August...
- Getting ready for hunting season
- I need some extra wide mud boots
- I heard on the radio that the stock market will pr...
- Dropping "Public Option"
- Durban upset that he won't be able to tell his con...
- A useful item to have: cable ties
- Finished the first rabbit hutch
- Dallas Independent School District wants to rename...
- Holy Foreclosures!!!
- I'm feeling so good about the economy this morning...
- Flu hasn't been in the news here so much lately
- Foreclosures Rise
- Predicting the stock market to go back down
- Biometric Authentication for anyone seeking employ...
- I had to post this
- A "Chief Diversity Officer"!!!?? What is that?
- A lefty at work
- Soaring deficits defy forcasts? Are you kidding?
- A rise in militia groups?
- Congressman Scott's Sign
- Story about my dad's dad
- Socialized Medicine, Logan's Run, and Cutting Cost...
- Pat Buchanan Column Worth Reading
- My Little Girl's Nails
- Defensive Shotgun
- Easy Fill Chicken Waterer
- Sotomayor confirmed
- #2 Son's Birthday Cake
- Fried baby egg and cheese bagel
- Union goons to counter town hall protesters
- Walter E. Williams on socialism
- Sotomayor and "voting on ideology rather than qual...
- Good and Politically Incorrect article
- Solution to Congress
- Russian Nuclear Subs off East Coast
- Not posting much lately
- Socialized Medicine Not So Great for Cancer
- Sunday update
- Geithner says they're going to raise taxes on the ...
- One of our Rhode Island Reds laid her first egg to...
- Alabama County Prepares for the Government to Shut...
- ▼ August (71)