A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Monday, July 6, 2009

Greg Hamilton quip about handguns, shotguns and rifles

He clearly knows what's going on.

A handgun is a reactive defensive tool that's only redeeming value is its size.

a shotgun is a sporting weapon pressed into service as a combat arm and is pretty effective within its range and penetration limitations.

When you know you are going to a fight and you want to be able to stop it, you take a rifle.

When you are not planning on getting into a fight AND you can't carry a rifle you compromise and carry a handgun. Notice the AND. When you're not planning on getting into a fight and you CAN carry a rifle you should do so.

2 comments:

Ron Russell said...

I use to have over 30 guns, ranging from the pistol to the rifle. Over the years I have given most away to the kids. I suppose for shear fire-power the old M-1 carbine I had spit out the most lead in the shortest period of time. It had a 30 shot banana clip with another attached beneath it. 60 rounds in a very short time. But if I were in a close confined area I would prefer my .44cal Desert Eagle. The Israli came up with a good one here.

Bitmap said...

The M1 Carbine wouldn't be my first pick but I would pick it over any handgun because it is so much easier to use well. They are very rugged and reliable, have decent sights and are easy to use. The purpose of the hicap mag is not so you can fire more rounds quicker, it is so you can manipulate less and spend more time looking for and dealing with threats.

I would always choose a firearm that is easier to hit with, easier to control, hits harder, and carries more rounds. A .44 magnum is powerful but enough people have kept moving after being hit in the chest with a 7.62x51 (or equivalent) that I don't put much faith in anything working the first time.

I don't have any personal experience with the DE. If you like it take it to a defensive class at a good school, run it hard for a week and let me know what you think then.

BTW your Obama Cartoon blog is fantastic. I wish I'd thought of it.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter