A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You need a NOAA alert radio

In all the bad weather we've had over the last three or four days I've probably run 20 miles back and forth to the NOAA radio listening to the alerts. It kept waking us up a couple of nights. I'm glad it did, too. I like knowing when bad weather is approaching and a NOAA radio is a good way to find out.

Where I live there are no weather sirens and I don't trust them in any case. I don't trust the NOAA 100% either, but so far it's been pretty good.

If a tornado is coming my way when I'm asleep at night I WANT TO KNOW.

They don't have to be expensive. Even Cabela's has one for $25 plus whatever outrageous shipping they charge. Walmart and Radio Shack probably have them for less.

I will never be without one again, if I can help it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got one and I swear by it. Got it for $30.00 at Kroegers, as part of a deal Kroegers worked up with Midway radio. I think you'd have to be crazy to live down here and not have one.

Bitmap said...

I agree with that. I don't know how my family survived all those years without one.

Some people refuse to get one. One guy said "What would I do if I knew a tornado was coming?"

Paladin said...

"What would I do if I knew a tornado was coming?"

If nothing else, at least I'd have a chance to jump up and put my pants on. It would add insult to injury if the news cameras arrived to film the tragic aftermath of a tornado, and everyone got to see me wandering around the debris in my "all together". :) That's how sasquatch sightings get started...

My NOAA radio has a hand crank back up charger with light, cellphone charger, etc. We have the big warning sirens in our town, but they've been really unreliable.

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter