I hear people complaining about corruption in government, and in the next sentence the person will say "I wish that government would do __________________."
People don't seem to understand that corruption goes hand in hand with power. The more power that the government has and the more laws that are passed then the more corruption there will be.
The same goes for lobbyists. Folks complain about lobbyists like they are a plague or something. Then they'll turn around and say "I want the government to pay for ______________________" or "I want the government to require _______________________."
Well, buddy, the "green" cars that you want the government to mandate have a ton of lobbyists attached to them.
Socialized medicine? Another ton of lobbyists.
Every new thing that government at any level gets involved in brings more lobbyists. If you want to reduce the number of lobbyists then reduce the size and power of the government. If you want to reduce corruption then reduce the size and power of government.
Can you imagine the level of corruption and the number of lobbyists that we have today if the government was the size it was back in 1800? Both existed then, but not at the levels we have today. Why? Because POWER is the payoff. Lobbyists are there because of POWER. Corruption exists because people want POWER.
Reduce the power of government and you will reduce the number of people trying to control that power and get benefits from it.
All of this ignores the media and the attempts of those in the media to wield power. The way you present the news is a form of lobbying that many people deny even exists. I hope the loss of circulation and financial problems newspapers are having is because more people are starting to recognize that influence and react to it. The same goes for CNN.
A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency
- ► 2010 (204)
- Quote of the day
- Sotomayor is a member of La Raza
- So the Supreme court nominee is a member of laraza...
- Census Community Survey form
- Personal Disarmament laws don't seemed to have wor...
- Just what we need - more taxes
- The joys of "anti-harassment" training
- Sowell on Sotomayor
- IRS tax revenue falls along with taxpayers' income...
- I have a right to __________________
- China warns Federal Reserve over printing money
- Quote of the day on protecting yourself
- More on the possible new Supreme Court justice
- Now we'll have an internet czar
- Can't show the American flag at work in Texas?
- More on North Korea
- New pick for the supreme court
- New chicken cage/tractor almost finished
- Quote regarding words on the back of women's short...
- The President's Preventative Detention Plan
- North Korean Nuclear Test
- Memorial Day
- According to the President "We are out of money."
- I'm glad I don't live there
- Swine flu still hanging in there
- Fed President says inflation to increase
- With all the talk about nationalizing things, how ...
- Speed Reading the so-called "Climate Bill"? Why b...
- Paid Vacation Act
- I'll bet they got the Stingers through the "gunsho...
- Most of congress seems to have it's act together o...
- The Purpose of the TSA
- I know where the ammo has gone
- New Mileage and Pollution Rules for Vehicles
- Who caused the housing "crisis"?
- A Scam
- Recommended site - The Survivalist Blog
- This is comforting - Pakistan Adding Nukes
- Garden Update
- Once again we see the quality of the VP
- Nothing is ever easy
- The ObamaCard
- Corruption, Lobbying, and government
- My Quote of the Day
- So now someone in the federal government wants to ...
- President's speach at ASU
- Who do you believe?
- Dead people getting stimulus checks
- President says longterm debt unsustainable
- Black Australorp Chicks Arrived
- I think Bison has been reading my blog
- Walter E. Williams
- Quote of the day
- Gear Review: Steiner 10x50 Military/Marine and a ...
- The President wants to close 5000 schools
- Shoe Goo
- May be time to sell that stock in Coke
- The Turkey
- Is the scope on your rifle set up correctly?
- Border Fence
- President seeks to double tax enforcement budget
- Can I just have the "free" insurance, repairs, and...
- The Teleprompter President
- GPS tagging your door
- You need a NOAA alert radio
- Almost 22% of mortgages are "underwater"
- This was just so funny I had to share.
- NY Daily "News" on AR for Sarah Palin
- Red States and Blue States
- The Russians seem to get it. Why don't Americans?...
- DHS pulled back extremism dictionary
- The Party of NO
- More on training
- Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns
- Lack of progress on handloading
- Free Dog Houses
- Free Chicken Tractor
- The 14th chick
- More chicks
- ▼ May (82)