A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.

Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Shoe Goo

I've posted on this before but it bears repeating.

Everyone needs to have a tube of Shoe Goo. It works great for fixing shoes when the sole starts to pull off. It also has lots of other uses.

I use it to patch holes in the pockets of pants. Pull the pocket up out of the pants and set it on a piece of paper or cardboard in case you drip. Squirt a little Goo on the hole and spread it out with a tooth pick or other small implement. Let it dry. I've worn new holes in pockets but I haven't had a hole I fixed this way come open again.

It will patch tears and holes in rain coats, jackets, windbreakers, etc. The repairs are not the prettiest but they are fine for items where appearance doesn't matter.

I use it to repair work gloves. The seam on the thumb always seems to wear out for me. A little bit of Shoe Goo will keep them serviceable for a long time.

Shoe Goo is right there with duct tape, bailing wire, tie wraps, JB Weld, and Gorilla Glue for it's versatility. One warning: the smell when you first apply it is kind of strong. Fortunately, it does not seem to smell after it has dried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some of that stuff, it has a different name but it's handy.

Ben G. said...

I love shoe goo a guy I hunt with suggested it to me and now I use it all the time. It works great!

Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

counter