A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Helping my grandpa keep bugs out of his garden
When I was a youngster, maybe 6 or 7 years old my grandpa wanted help getting the stinkbugs out of his garden. He gave me a metal coffee can with about 3 inches of gasoline in it and told me he would give me a penny for every bug I killed. I went through part of his garden catching stinkbugs and probably other bugs and putting them in the can. When I got hot and tired and the can was about full I took it to him and showed him. He looked in the can and acted like he was counting and pretty soon he nodded, set the can down and handed me a $5 bill. I was amazed at how fast he could count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(472)
-
▼
September
(25)
- Ergo Rail - You need it and it's easy to install
- No STD's listed in the Electronic Health Record
- Main production hens molting at our place
- Let's just spend our way out of an economic crisis.
- London Fashion: What is wrong with these people!?
- So the President is "suntanned"
- "Idiot of the Day" Awards
- Have you ever driven a diesel locamotive?
- I've been away for a week . . .
- The kind of 9/11 memorial we need
- Camped out with the kids last weekend
- Pics of the Hi-Cap Chicken Feeder
- Hi-cap Chicken Feeder
- Easy Fill Chicken Waterer Update and Improvement
- One Racist Out - The Rest of the Administration to Go
- Teen unemployement over 25% - highest on record
- You think our President's wife is a wacko?
- Now it's Maine's Turn
- America
- No Death Panels in socialist countries, huh?
- My New Shirt
- UN seed vault
- Someone in MA is afraid of the swine flu . . .
- Helping my grandpa keep bugs out of his garden
- I took the two oldest boys out for a grasshopper s...
-
▼
September
(25)
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Fuck the European Union7 years ago
-
-
-
Be Advised8 years ago
-
-
Grateful That It Wasn't Worse8 years ago
-
-
6 Prepper Tips to Start Now9 years ago
-
-
-
Last Call!11 years ago
-
Portugal Vacation Spots11 years ago
-
Merry Christmas to Everyone11 years ago
-
Get Home Bag12 years ago
-
And just like that.....12 years ago
-
They Don't Belong13 years ago
-
-
Website update and more13 years ago
-
-
Bibi Heils Hitler ...14 years ago
-
Short Hairstyles 1814 years ago
-
Live and Learn15 years ago
-
Open Thread15 years ago
-
This Blog Has Moved!15 years ago
-
Bright Lining Panfish on Ice15 years ago
-
The Christmas Season15 years ago
-
DID IT MY WAY has passed on 7-29-201016 years ago
-
-
I moved!16 years ago
-
-
Going Dark16 years ago
-
Are We Really Smarter?17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


2 comments:
Yeah, that "old math" was pretty amazing. My mom used it when we were kids picking up walnuts for her to store. A penny apiece as well.
Funny, the count sure seemed higher when we had to help shell them ;-)
I love the memories that I have of my Grandpa like that. One of my greatest regrets is that he passed on before he could know my Wife and Daughter.
Post a Comment