Here is the link.
From the article:
"WASHINGTON, April 23 (Reuters) - Seven people have been diagnosed with a new kind of swine flu in California and Texas, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported on Thursday. All seven people have recovered but the virus itself is a never-before-seen mixture of viruses typical among pigs, birds and humans, the CDC said. "We are likely to find more cases," the CDC's Dr. Anne Schuchat told a telephone briefing. "We don't think this is time for major concern around the country." Only one of the seven cases was sick enough to be hospitalized and all have recovered, Schuchat said. CDC officials are unsure whether the cases are related to an unusually late and severe flu season in Mexico in which 20 people have died."
"In the United States, the CDC reported the new strain of swine flu on Tuesday in a boy and a girl from California's two southernmost counties. Now, five more cases have been found via normal surveillance for seasonal influenza. None of the patients, whose symptoms closely resembled seasonal flu, had any direct contact with pigs."
""We believe at this point that human-to-human spread is occurring," Schuchat said. "That's unusual. We don't know yet how widely it is spreading ... We are also working with international partners to understand what is occurring in other parts of the world." The CDC's Dr. Nancy Cox said virus samples from the seven appear to carry genes from swine flu, avian flu and human flu viruses from North America, Europe and Asia. "We haven't seen this strain before, but we hadn't been looking as intensively as we have," Schuchat said. "It's very possible that this is something new that hasn't been happening before.""
I just thought you'd like to know.
A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Founding Member of The Party of NO
This Blog is a Cybersecurity Emergency
- ► 2010 (204)
- 10 chicks hatched, at least 1 more to go
- More chicks hatched
- Conversation with a liberal
- Rabbit update
- First chick hatched!!!
- Chicks about to hatch
- The Game Warden
- The President is such a great teleprompter reader
- U.S. set to issue travel warning to Mexico
- Border Patrol given protective clothing?
- Government response to the flu
- Food when you are sick
- Update on Swine Flu
- New Swine Flu
- Keeping government officials on the straight and n...
- Snake Boots and Chaps
- More Americans than not think the country is head...
- Old Poll
- Thomas Sowell hits one out of the park
- I need to add a hunting story
- Now that I got that out of my system here are a fe...
- Hussein to sign "National Service" bill
- Tolerance on the left
- Survival Woes
- "Safety" features on firearms
- Brown Recluse
- Looking forward to winter
- Tea Party vs. Tea Bag
- A Great Day
- I wonder if I can pick up one of these at Cabela's...
- New Dog Houses
- Turkey videos
- Kids, tools, and responsibility
- My wife and hunting
- US to go along with Iran enriching uraniaum
- Eye stuff to have with you
- Freebie from craigslist
- More chickens
- Economy Causing People to Commit Murder? I Don't ...
- Personal Disarmament poll and laws
- Chickens, chickens, chickens . . . and seeds
- The Waiting
- Calm down a little
- Let me use your . . .
- Spies in Our Electricity Grid
- Progress over the weekend and pics of stuff
- A successful hunt
- Some very slight progress
- ▼ April (50)