Apparently, I have another bobcat to deal with. I had left the trap set with the remains of the chicken used to catch the first bobcat, as well as an opossum. It rained here and I didn't bring in the trap, so some rust formed on the working parts. Something came into the trap, ignored the opossum, and was able to pull the remains of the chicken loose from the wire I used to hold it in place and escape without setting off the trap. Then, over the weekend Something grabbed another chicken inside one of my pens, killed it, and was able to eat part of it through the mesh. I've oiled the trap and have it working and I've baited it with the chicken. I wired the chicken in very securely. I'll see what happens.
I'm hoping that since the critter came into the trap and made off with the bait once that it will not be cautious now and will be easier to catch.
Wish me luck.
A blog about living, hunting, and whatever else I want.
Just Another Right Wing Extremist
Founding Member of The Party of NO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(204)
-
▼
January
(20)
- Pelosi likes the good stuff - at your expense of c...
- A New Emphasis for NASA
- A fair sized kitty
- What do you do if you can't get the whole pie at o...
- How about "Government Airlines"?
- What to do when you're broke? Borrow More!!
- Pics of the thief
- trap update
- No update on the bobcat
- I've got to get one of these!
- Another cat
- Nothing in the trap in a couple of days
- Trap, part 2
- I caught a chicken thief
- Hold on to your 401k!!!
- On a happier note
- Of course married people will get the shaft under ...
- President Hussein OK's taxing insurance plans to f...
- Where is my wealth transfer money? Phantom Zipcodes
- Ignorance is an excuse
-
▼
January
(20)
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
-
Fuck the European Union7 years ago
-
-
-
Be Advised8 years ago
-
-
Grateful That It Wasn't Worse8 years ago
-
-
6 Prepper Tips to Start Now9 years ago
-
-
-
Last Call!11 years ago
-
Portugal Vacation Spots11 years ago
-
Merry Christmas to Everyone11 years ago
-
Get Home Bag12 years ago
-
And just like that.....12 years ago
-
They Don't Belong13 years ago
-
-
Website update and more13 years ago
-
-
Bibi Heils Hitler ...14 years ago
-
Short Hairstyles 1814 years ago
-
Live and Learn15 years ago
-
Open Thread15 years ago
-
This Blog Has Moved!15 years ago
-
Bright Lining Panfish on Ice15 years ago
-
The Christmas Season15 years ago
-
DID IT MY WAY has passed on 7-29-201016 years ago
-
-
I moved!16 years ago
-
-
Going Dark16 years ago
-
Are We Really Smarter?17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

2 comments:
Nothing worse than a killing chicken thief. Good luck catching him.
See Ya
You can chalk up the failed attempt to "just a feeling of false confidence" in your prey ;)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. Post pics if you catch it!
Post a Comment